All electrical installations deteriorate with age and use. They need to be checked and tested regularly to ensure they are safe and in a satisfactory condition for continued use.
These tests are commonly referred to as fixed electrical or periodic inspection and testing and must be carried out by a competent person as defined by the requirements of The Electricity at Work Regulations 1989.
Compliance activities must be carried out correctly, to the relevant standard, and to a schedule to ensure that a building and its duty holder / responsible person is legally compliant.
As duty holder, you cannot simply pass this to a contractor. You have a duty to manage the contractor by demonstrating a competent procurement process. This includes appointing qualified and capable contractor, undertaking sufficient checks on the activities they carry out and ensuring these are done in a safe and competent manner.
We provide full management and support to deliver compliance on behalf of a duty holder as well as essential system support. We will:
- develop a comprehensive servicing schedule
- develop contracts to deliver technical/operational requirements
- complete procurement exercises to provide best value
- engage with approved contractors
- manage of contractors
- undertake technical inspection and verification of submitted reports
- ensure timely action and advise on identified remedial measures
- provide full impartiality on all areas of work, acting in the best interest of the duty holder
- provide advice and guidance
- provide online access to reports