Gas appliance servicing and distribution pipework testing is a regular thorough examination of your gas systems by a competent and qualified commercial gas engineer as defined by the requirements of The Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998 and The Gas Safety (Installation and Use) (Amendment) Regulations 2018.
The body approved to hold and maintain a register of competent gas businesses and operatives is Gas Safe Register.
When any work is carried out in relation to gas appliances and other gas fittings, gas operatives must be competent and hold a valid certificate of competence for each work activity that they wish to undertake. The valid certificate must have been issued under the nationally Accredited Certification Scheme (ACS) for individual Gas Fitting Operatives, or through a Gas Service S/NVQ developed by Energy & Utility Skills.
A duty holder cannot simply engage with a contractor. You have a duty to manage the contractor by demonstrating a competent procurement process; which includes appointing a qualified and capable contractor, undertaking sufficient checks on the activities they carry out and ensuring these are done in a safe and competent manner.
We provide full management and support to deliver compliance on your behalf as essential system support. We will:
- develop a comprehensive servicing schedule
- develop contracts to deliver technical/operational requirements
- undertake procurement exercises to provide best value
- engage with approved contractors
- manage contractors
- undertake technical inspection and verification of submitted reports
- ensure timely action and advise on identified remedial measures
- provide full impartiality on all areas of work, acting in the best interest of the duty holder
- provide advice and guidance
- provide online access to reports